Welcome to Schooner Cove Yacht Club
Situated between Nanaimo and Parksville, on the east coast of Vancouver Island, members of Schooner Cove Yacht Club enjoy racing and cruising for twelve months of the year. The racing program includes competitive series and regattas as well as fun racing. SCYC has an active social program and a speaker series. Members enjoy club cruises from spring through fall and have reciprocal privileges with many other yacht clubs. We welcome your application for membership - come and join us onshore and afloat.
LATEST NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Schooner Cove and Lakes District revisions to amendment to be reviewed at April 22 RDN Board Meeting. Click to read the report. The report also recommends a Public Hearing be scheduled for Monday, May 12, 2014
- Wednesday night weekly fun racing starts a new season on April 23rd. Skippers meeting at 6 pm at the Afterdeck. Format will include different kinds of races. It's a good opportunity to get your boat off the dock or crew for someone else. And of course there is socializing after the race!
- APRIL 1st - HMCS ORIOLE AT SCHOONER COVE MARINA. What a great turnout at the dock to welcome HMCS Oriole to Schooner Cove. Over 200 people toured the ship and 125 attended the evening presentation by Lt.-Cdr. Kibble. Thanks to everyone involved in making this event such a success.
- The April Schooner Cove Marina Column includes a checklist for getting your boat ready for the season. Read more
- Cruising Stations are now available to SCYC members at Genoa Bay and Ladysmith Maritime Society Community Marina. Click here for details
- 2014 YEARBOOKS and membership stickers are ready for pickup in the Afterdeck. If you live outside the Nanaimo/Parksville/Qualicum Beach area your yearbook has been mailed to you.
- ONLINE REGISTRATION is now available for SCYC's Annual Around Lasqueti Island Regatta June 6-8, including the new short course race around Sangster Island. Click here to register.