Welcome to Schooner Cove Yacht Club
Situated between Nanaimo and Parksville, on the east coast of Vancouver Island, members of Schooner Cove Yacht Club enjoy racing and cruising for twelve months of the year. The racing program includes competitive series and regattas as well as fun racing. SCYC has an active social program and a speaker series. Members enjoy club cruises from spring through fall and have reciprocal privileges with many other yacht clubs. We welcome your application for membership - come and join us onshore and afloat.
LATEST NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- CRUISING STATION UPDATE - Funds have been depleted at the Ladysmith Maritime Marina cruising station for this year. Genoa Bay cruising station still has some funds available. We suggest you call ahead to confirm.
- 4th ANNUAL SCYC FLEET REGATTA - this fun-filled race and social event is scheduled for September 14th. Online registration has been set up for skippers with crew, crew seeking a boat to race on, and members only wanting to come for the social. Click here for the link Skippers meeting 10 am, race starts at 11 am, food & drinks served at 3 pm
- WEDNESDAY NIGHT FUN RACING wraps up on September 10th.
- BOATING COURSES - Nanoose Power Squadron will be offering the Boating Essentials (including PCOC), Electronic Navigation, and Marine Radio courses this fall. Visit their website using this link for course details and registration
- 2015 MEMBERSHIP DUES - an invoice for 2015 membership dues and a membership information form were emailed to all members on August 1st. Please complete the membership information form and submit it with your payment. Questions? Contact the Vice Commodore using this email link. If you have already sent in your cheque but forgot the information form, you can use this handy online version.
- SCHOONER COVE MARINA & RECIPROCALS - Please notify the Marina Office staff whenever your boat will be away for a few days so they can use your slip for reciprocal moorage.